So, I chose:
Character from: 'Middlemarch' by George Elliot
Dorothea comes from the Greek and means 'gift of God' and is a is a variant of Doroty.
I knew one girl who was named Dorothea, but I haven't seen her in ages.
Dorotheenstadt (state of Berlin) – named after Duchess Sophia Dorothea of Holstein
Famous real-life people named Dorothea:
- Dorothea Lange, an American documentary photographer
- Dorothea Lynde Dix, an American activist for the indigent insane
Dorothea in song, film, etc. :
- Dorothea's Revenge (1974)
- Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz
- Dorothea, an album by Laïs in 2000