Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop


"What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you not enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"

Well, I haven't been in the blogosphere that long and also haven't reviewed that many books. I however reviewed a book that is enormously popular in the outside world: Twilight. I'm really not that positive about the book. Yes, it's a fun and nice story, but none of the characters really jump out and the authors opinion on matters is so obvious once you know who she is. I feel as if Stephenie Meyer hasn't thought about the reality of the book. Ig you write a book about paranormal activities you might want to make it sort of believable that something like that could happen in our world. She did it in the first book but just left it in the following.

Also, when a book becomes popluar and is turned into a mega-franchise it usually loses its speicialness (I know thats not a word!). I think the same thing happened to Twilight. I am a massive Harry PPotter fana nd can't stand that people try to compare the both, because Twilight does not reach the same depth as Harry Potter does.

Comments

  1. I've seen TWILIGHT on several people's lists, so you're definitely not alone there. Like you, I enjoyed the first book, not so much the sequels. And, no, TWILIGHT will never, ever, ever even come close to comparing to HP. How could someone even suggest such a thing??

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to have found someone who agrees!! You just made my day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, HP is definitely on a different plane, but Twilight, I thought was a fun brainless, guilty-pleasure kind of read. Only so many of those in a single type are worth reading though.

    Dropping by from the hop.

    Sniffly Kitty
    Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitly is guilty pleasure! Not an amazing one though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Harry Potter, but didn't care for Twilight at all (haven't even bothered to see the movies).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the movies don't life up to the books and the books shouldn't even be said in the same breath as Harry Potter. So you haven't missed anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive read twilight, watched all the movies while with harry potter, only watched the movie version. At first Twilight was a 5 star to me but when they got Kristen S as Bella, I started to hate it. I had to go back to my review and take out 1 star. . . i dont know if its right but i wanted sooo badly to make it only 4 star.

    saw that you've posted LOTR's quote there.
    love LOTR sooo muchoo!

    i found your blog thru the hop and im now a follower of your blog!

    if you have time, come visit me too at
    http://bookinglyyours.blogspot.com/

    iamjenai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts