'Heart' by The Pretty Reckless


I thought about it and lyrics are also words. And after having thought about ti a little bit more I realised that good (!) lyrics are just like poems on music.

I really love Taylor Momsen's voice and this song is simply beautiful. Unfortunatly there are no studio-demos on Youtube and I'm not going to put up a link to an illegal site on my blog, even though I might have used  it myself.
Anyway, here are the lyrics:

Never wanted to feel
Never wanted you to steal my heart
Never wanted to know
Never wanted to show I'm weak

I'm falling all over myself
Trying to be someone else
I wish you would dare to walk me home
So I wouldn't have to feel alone

Always wanted to be
Always wanted you to see my heart
Always wanted your love
Always wanted but never was

I"m falling all over myself
Trying to be someone else
I wish you would dare to walk me home
So I wouldn't have to feel alone

I'm falling all over myself
Dying to be someone else
I wish you would dare to walk me home
I don't wanna fight the world alone

Never told you before
Never loved you more

I'm falling all over myself
Trying to be someone else
I wish you would dare to walk me home
So I wouldn't have to feel alone

I'm falling all over myself
Dying to be someone else
I wish you would dare to walk me home
I don't wanna fight the world alone
I don't wanna fight the world alone
I don't wanna fight the world alone

These lyrics are just perfect to listen to if your relationship is difficult.
What I like about some songs is that the title isn't mentioned in the lyrics itself. I think this shows that the song has a theme. You probably know these songs that are about a heart-break and that single word is repeated over and over again in the refrain, as if that shows emotion.
What I love about this song is that the lyrics are so simple and, in my opinion, realistic. I guess most people know this feeling where you want to be someone else in the hope to impress this one other person.

Comments

  1. It's an older post but I just wanted to say that I love the lyrics, I'm a huge pretty reckless fan and I love the album! So it's cool to read a blog post from someone who likes her voice too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts