New!


So, I came home today, completely ready for the weekend. And I open my door and I find: two books, waiting for me. So I thought I'd introduce you two my two youngest babies:

Polyxena, A Story Of Troy by H. Allenger. I'm an absolute fan of Greek Mythology and "studied" Ancient Greek for almost 4 years. I didn't spend as much time on the grammar as I should have, but I did translate parts of the Iliad and the Odysee. I memorized characters from the two works and used to question everyone about Achiles' son and Pallas Athena's mother.

Anyway, the possibility to read and review this book came along and I would never pass an opportunity to read something about Troy and its amazing history.





The other book I received was The Survivor by Sean Slater.
The summary is amazing, so here you go:

In his first hour back from a six-moth leave of absence, Detective Jacob Striker's day quickly turns into a nightmare. He is barely on scene five minuted at his daughter's high school when he encounters an Active Shooter situation. Three men wearing hockey-masks - Black, White and Red - have stormed the school with firearms and are killing indiscriminately. Striker takes immediate action.

Within minuted, two of the gunmen are dead and Striker is close to ending the violence. But before Striker can react, Red Mask flees - and escapes. Against the clock, Striker investigates the killings for which there is no known motive and no suspect. Soon his investigation takes him to darker places, and he realizes that everything at Saint Patrick's High is not as it appears. The closer he gets tot he truth, the more dangerous the world becomes. Until Striker himself is in the linke of fire.
Next to receiving theset wo I got myself another detective/thriller:
The Rosary Girls by Richard Montanari. And again, I think this is a special trait of detective books, the summary is great! So, here you go:
GOD HELP THEM ...In the most brutal killing crusade Philadelpia has seen in years, a series of young Catholic women are found dead, their bodies mutilated and their hands bolted together. Each clutches a rosary in her lifeless grasp.
Veteran cop Kevin Byrne and his rookie partner Jessica Balzano set out to hunt down the elusive killer, who leads them deeper and deeper into the abyss of a madman's epravtiy. Suspects appear before them like bad dreams - and vanish just as quickly. While the body count rises, Easter is fast approaching:the day of resurrection and of the last roasry to be counted ...

Doesn't that sound exciting? What I was wondering, am I the only one who gets nightmares from the killers in detective-novels? I know that the ones on screen can be worse, but book charcacters, for me, sometimes go beyond that.

So, what new books have you gotten that you forgot to tell us about?? 

Comments

  1. I hate to just show up and promote my own stuff. I find it incredibly tacky, but I couldn't find any contact information on this site.

    I know you've cruised by my place, and left a comment. Thank you for that. Remember where I am?

    http://inspiredbycaffeinenicotine.blogspot.com/

    Yeah but if you stop by today read something other than today's offering. I kinda phoned it in.

    Anywho, if you'ld like to review my book, even half as much as I would like you to review my book how about drop me a line at Robblogger@hotmail.com

    Free, free, free, copy. Well, not actually free I shamelessly promoted myself here in your comment section so you've earned it.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts