Waiting on Wednesday

I am beyond proud of myself. I have found a book that will soon be released that I want to read. I haven't forgotten about it, but managed to remember it for today! So, here we go. WoW is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.

 The book I am waiting for is 'The Casual Vacancy' by J.K. Rowling.
Pub. date: 27th September 2012
Publisher: Little, Brown (UK), Hachette Bookgroup (US)



The Casual VacancyWhen Barry Fairbrother dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock. Seemingly an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war. Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems. And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations? 
Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults.
I am really looking forward to this book because I cannot wait to see whether Rowling is able to write for adults as well. Throughout the Harry Potter series we have seen her develop from a children's author to teenagers and young adults. I always felt she dealt with mature themes very well and therefore I'd love to read this book.
So, what are you waiting for?

Comments

  1. Always a pleasure to read J. K. Rowling's books :) Definitely a must-read for me, too. P.S. Thanks for stopping by @ Little Pieces of Imagination!

    Siiri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get into the Potter books, but I have enjoyed reading about J. K. Rowling...and I'm really looking forward to her first adult book. Thanks!

    MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I'm not sold with the blurb of the book, I do look forward to JK Rowling's first book for adults.

    Thanks for visiting. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to like it based on the blurb either (like another person who commented), but I definitely will be reading it just because JK Rowling wrote it and I can't wait to see what it's going to be like. :)

    My Wow Post!

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, yes! This one is going to be so different from Harry Potter, but Rowling wrote it and I love her so much! I'm definitely excited for this one -- great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited to read this, I just don't fancy the cover is all
    Shortskie's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still not sure if I want to read this one. I would only read it because it's J.K. Rowling. Don't like the cover and the synopsis just isn't my thing :( Well, I'll always have Harry Potter :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the Potter books so I'll give this one a shot. I really don't like the cover though.

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was my WoW two weeks ago! I cannot wait for it to come out! Love it. :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Think this is going to be an anticipated read for many many people!

    Here's My WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard she was breaking away from Potter.. The cover is kinda eh, but I'm sure it'll be a hit!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I'm definitely excited for this one. I loved Harry Potter so I'm looking forward to another book by J.K Rowling. Not to crazy about the cover though.

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure the content of this one appeals to me, but I'm definitely excited to see how Rowling fares with an adult title.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choice. It'll be fun to see how JK writes adult fiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope they change the cover art soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Juli!

    Thank you so much for commenting on my WOW!

    Oh, this is FABULOUS!!! I had no idea Rowling was planning to publish something for adults, as well. This should be very interesting...

    Thanks for the heads up! I'll be on the lookout for this one!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. This one is a popular choice and I, too, would love to read it. I just don't know what to expect. Nice pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts