Friday's Angels

Gain New Blog FollowersThis week's FF question is:
Q: What would you do over if you were to start your blog again from scratch?

I don't really know. I started blogging 1 and a half years ago and have learned so much! I only recently wrapped my head around how to network and absolutely love some of the other bloggers I've connected with! I still haven't completely figured out what I am doing and where I want to go. I really enjoy the fact that my blog encourages me to read more. At the beginning, I posted things every day and reviewed much more regularly. Now I am so busy I'm unable to post reviews etc every day. So if I were to start again I would probably keep my review-production rate up and maybe look around a bit more and not stick to books I know I will like.

Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and Book Beginnings by Rose City Reader. The book closest to me was 'Where Angels Fear To Tread' by E.M. Forster. I absolutely love that title and quite wait to get reading
BB:

'THEY WERE ALL at Charing Cross to see Lilia off—Philip, Harriet, Irma, Mrs. Herriton herself. Even Mrs.Theobald, squired by Mr. Kingcroft, had braved the journey from Yorkshire to bid her only daughtergood-bye.'
Well, at least we are introduced to loads of characters. And we know Lilia is leaving. Usually I quite like novels that start in the middle of action and don't immediately explain it. With this one I am not entirely sure.

F56:

“Are we to go into mourning, do you think?” She always asked her children’s advice where possible.Harriet thought that they should. She had been detestable to Lilia while she lived, but she always feltthat the dead deserve attention and sympathy.'
I am all for involving children, but asking their advice as an adult when it comes to things like death, I don't think it's a good idea. Now we know something is going to happen to Lilia though, so now I am curious.

So, how about you? What are you reading and is there anything you would change about your blog if you could start again?

Comments

  1. Quite a hornet's nest of characters open the book! An ending is a beginning! An odd mix of statements on page 56. I guess they beg the reader to find out the source, explaining why these words should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's alwaysvery difficult to find the time to read, there are period when we cana lot and some when it's not possible I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging taks up a lot of my time too however connecting with other bloggers makes up for it.
    New follower.
    Follow back?
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I still learn things about blogging as I go along and this is my third year! It's just fun and I enjoy it!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does set up a cast of characters. Here is my post:
    BBOF


    On my blog I am still learning new things I can do. I would not want to start over although I might give it a different title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for follow! following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. although children can be resilient, they can also be very sensitive and may be traumatized by the idea of death. i remember my then 6 year old nephew wailing so hard that it pierced my heart when he learned his grandma (my Mom) was dead and it was her in the coffin. all i could do was hug him really close and let him cry as much as he could...
    i love my blogs - yes i have two now. one just went live last August 8th (http://aobiblioclassique.blogspot.com/) and it took me weeks to get things right as far as i wanted them to. i haven't done any changes in the layout for the first one and the new one is still under constant improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious about the book, and judging from the opening lines, we're going to meet a lot of characters!

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a packed opening. It makes me feel like the first time I'm introduced to a friend's family and I'm shaking hands with everyone and forgetting their names the moment I hear them.

    Here's my Book Beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually the perfect way to describe the opening, thanks :)

      Delete
  10. Hi! Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, I really appreciate it. :D

    I guess I don't have the problem of not having time to blog yet--well, maybe because I've been relaxed all week, (lol) but I've seen other bloggers who seem to have so much to do yet they're still so cheerful and happy since they're doing what they love.
    And I guess that's what I aspire to be in the near future.

    Followed back!
    ~Tiffany@Read, Breathe, Read

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Juli :)
    thanks for visiting my FF and for your kind words! I love your blog as well and you always feature such attractive reads here! I'm going to write down the EM Forster title to read as well. Have a great weekend!

    Aspen
    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi again Juli! thank you for following my new blog. i really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I don't think I'll stop learning new things about the blog. I'm a new follower :D

    Vonnie's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe that was involving your children a little too much... it seems as though she should think for herself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm certainly wondering what kind of journey that Lilia is going on, and what leads to her death.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not sure what I would change about my blog...have to think about it because there are some things I would change...lol

    Here's my Friday Meme

    ReplyDelete
  17. The 56 is interesting...if one has to ask if they should mourn, then maybe they shouldn't, especially if it's not genuine, and yet she feels the dead are due given respect, so why ask in the first place? I suspect someone is trying to keep up appearances.

    Here's my beginning:
    http://morosebookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/08/book-beginnings-devil-in-blue-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping by through FF - that's a great answer, blogging has definitely made me read more and find books I wouldn't have even heard about before.

    my FF post I'm a new follower through GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great answer! It's a bummer when life gets busy and you don't get as much time to read and blog!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree- my blog helps encourage me to read a lot more :) New GFC Follower!
    My FF
    ~Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know somebody who asks her daughter for advice on every single action she takes. Howard's End is the only Forster I have read. His books are in my long TBR for a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great answer. I totally get what you mean with trying to keep things running everyday. Sometimes that is hard to do. Old GFC and New Twitter follower. =] Thanks for sharing and visiting My FF
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a new GFC follower and on Twitter.

    My F & F - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/08/follow-my-book-blog-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Networking is still a learning process for me. But I love it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds really intriguing to me. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Interesting 'Friday 56'. I've read E.M. Forster's A Passage to India and The Celestial Omnibus and Other Stories and loved both. Hope you are enjoying Where Angels Fear To Tread.

    ReplyDelete
  27. hahaha, does any of actually know what we get into when we start blogging? :P

    http://www.guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2012/08/friday-56-book-beginnings-last-policeman.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts