Inspiring Friday

Gain New Blog Followers
Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

Q: What blogger inspires you? It can be any kind, it doesn't have to be a book blog.
Oh lord this is a difficult question because how can you pick just one if there are so many amazing bloggers and blogs out there? I don'r really read a lot of blogs outside of book-blogs except maybe political ones and there I usually just click on random ones if I feel they are talking about something that would interest me.

If it comes to book bloggers I really couldn't pick just one because I always get inspired, no matter what book blog I visit. Even if I don't like a book they are reviewing, every review has something that inspires me to either want to write better, look at a different kind of genre or simply read more by that blogger. A blogger that did inspire me at the beginning of my own blogging-career was The Story Siren. She did blogging tips, just like Parajunkee with her Blogging 101, which really helped in understanding the different aspects and difficulties of blogging which was great because I went into blogging completely unawares of what to do. Now I simply love all different kinds of blogs and I couldn't simply pick one. Below I have some blogs I really like visiting and I probably missed out loads I wanted to add to the list and I'll probably beat myself up over that, but there is simply too much book blogger amazingness out there to make a coherent list. This list is alphabetical and not ranked in any way.

Alison Can Read, Ao BibliosphereBecky's Book ReviewsBeyond Strange New WordsCarabosse LibraryConfessions of an Inner AspenGReads, Great Reads, Guiltless ReadingI Have Lived a Thousand LivesLadyD BooksMixed BookBagsMusings on FantasiaRainy Days and MondaysTales of Whimsy

Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader and Friday 56 by Freda's Voice, also 2 great blogs! For today  I have chosen 'The Picture of Dorian Grey' by Oscar Wilde, which I started reading before my Kindle died on me. Now I am reading a PDF file over the computer. Thankfully the book is good, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it!
BB:

'The studio was filled with the rich odor of roses, and when the light summer wind stirred amidst the trees of the garden there came through the open door the heavy scent of the lilac, or the more delicate perfume of the pinkflowering thorn.'
I love this beginning. It is amazing at setting the scene and it just really transfers you into the book.

F56:

‘One evening about seven o’clock I determined to go out in search of some adventure. I felt that this gray, monstrous London of ours, with its myriads of people, its splendid sinners, and its sordid sins, as you once said, must have something in store for me. I fancied a thousand things.'
Well, that's London for you. But I love this quote because every time I go into central London, this is how I feel!



So, how about you? What are you reading and what inspires you?

Comments

  1. That book beginning is so scenty I can feel my nose twitching - enjoy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some in your blog list are new to me. Thanks for mentioning me. I plan to follow your links and see some blogs I have missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the descriptive snippet; makes me feel like I'm experiencing London. So wonderful that you mention LadyD Books. I hope to return the favor one day, thanks Juli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the recommendations! There are a lot of wonderful blogs out there, right? New Follower.

    http://starrystorm.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really makes me wanna find out what London had in store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love descriptive beginnings that take us right into the scene.

    Thanks for the mention (in book blogs!).

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST
    (from one of my other blogs)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beginning...this book has been on my tbr list forever. I might read it in the fall.

    Here's my beginning:
    http://morosebookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/08/book-beginnings-ready-player-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks.

    Here's mine - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answer :) new follower.

    Here's mine: FF

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through! Happy Firday :)

    You have a great blog!

    ~Keegan
    http://thepaperparadise.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-follow-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest, which was a zany play. This looks a little more toned down. I'll probably read it someday.

    Here's my Book Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that descriptive 56! Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's a lot! I've been inspired by too many blogs over the years!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I probably fancy over a thousand blogs, yours included :) thank you for including in your list - I'm flattered!

    www.guiltlessreading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Juli, thanks for the mention! And I see we have a couple of other blogs that overlap, haha
    I hope you have a great weekend too, Juli! and as always, thanks for stopping by!

    Aspen
    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is one of those classic books that i would love to read again and again. i have also seen several film adaptations and i enjoyed them all.

    thank you very much Juli for mentioning me. what an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your quotes this week, makes me want to go to London too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi!
    I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts