Waiting for Wednesday: The Racketeer

The RacketeerI am really bad at this meme because I never keep up with release dates and usually buy books when I find them in a secondhand bookstore. But, surprise surprise, I have an answer for today! Waiting for Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine!



Title: The Racketeer
Author: J
  • ohn Grisham
    Publisher: Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group
    Release Date: 23. October 2012

  • Given the importance of what they do, and the controversies that often surround them, and the violent people they sometimes confront, it is remarkable that in the history of this country only four active federal judges have been murdered.
  •  
  • Judge Raymond Fogletree just became number five.
  •  
  • His body was found in the basement of a lakeside cabin he had built himself and frequently used on weekends.  When he did not show up for a trial on Monday morning, his law clerks panicked, called the FBI, and in due course the agents found the crime scene. There was no forced entry, no struggle, just two dead bodies—Judge Fogletree and his young secretary.
  •  
  • I did not know Judge Fogletree, but I know who killed him, and why.
  •        
  • I am a lawyer, and I am in prison.
  •  
  • It’s a long story.

  • John Grisham
  • I really like the synopsis of the book. It is a crime novel, with a bit of thriller element. I quite like court dramas, so I think I should enjoy this one. Also, I really like John Grisham's writing style and most of the times when I see his books in a store I'll buy one. I am slightly pissed off though because while browsing through his list of books and he has a book called 'A Painted House'. I have a story idea that involves a painted house so I rushed to find a synopsis and thankfully it's completely different from my idea, but still. On a side note, Grisham looks a bit like an old James Bond, don't you think?  

  • So, what are you waiting for this week?
  • Comments

    1. john grisham is on my list of authors-to-read. and you're right! he does kinda look like he could be an old james bond ;)

      my WoW this week.

      -michelle

      ReplyDelete
    2. Ooohhh... His new book? Count me in! :D

      My WoW

      ReplyDelete
    3. A long story indeed! Sounds like the perfect mystery! Thanks for sharing!

      My WOW

      ReplyDelete
    4. This meme is a tricky one for me too, because I'm usually behind in my reading, not ahead! But I like your choice - and I'm looking forward to mine!
      Susan @
      ReadingWorld.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I wonder who killed the judge and why...

      I'm also not very good at this meme; I love seeing upcoming books but I'm usually too busy trying to catch up with those that have already been released to see when these new ones are coming.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love second hand book shops too, but I am so glad that you shared this one today. It sounds amazing! Thanks for the introduction. My WOW...

      ReplyDelete
    7. It's been a long time since I've read Grisham, I think I stopped when he tried to dabble in "normal" contemporary fiction, I like his lawyer stories & I'm glad that he's back writing those. I hope our library gets this.

      P.S. New follwer

      Talk Supe WoW

      ReplyDelete
    8. Ooh, the synopsis intrigues, and I do love watching crime dramas. Maybe I should read one. I've never read Grisham either, though his books are everywhere!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Great WoW! This sounds really good... I love John Grisham... My favourite is The Testament *New Follower*

      Best wishes

      Debs :-)

      ReplyDelete
    10. Any book by John Grisham is outstanding and needs no introduction :) And I'm really surprised that I had not heard or seen this one yet! Thanks for pointing it out to me, can't wait :) Happy reading!

      ReplyDelete
    11. I hope you enjoy this one! I'm actually not a fan of court dramas, since I'm a paralegal student. Enough drama in the classroom. :\

      ReplyDelete
    12. John Grisham is one of the few crime novelist i read he does look like james bond in the picture. And thanks for sharing good choice. Follow link to see my WOW.. http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-63/

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts