BTT: Quotes


btt button

This week's Booking Through Thursday's question is:
'Do you have a favourite quote from a book?'

First I read the question and got all excited. And then I got all worried because there are so many different quotes I love! So here's a top three in no particular order:
  1. 'Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.' -Gandalf

    I love this quote. It is so ... wise. I think you should be very careful in dealing out a punishment you cannot turn back. That's why I am against the death penalty. Also, Peter Jackson used this quote beautifully in the movie, it made me absolutely fall in love with Gandalf.
  2. Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens.”  - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
    Books reflect their writers, who unintentionally pour something of themselves into their books. This quote exactly explains why I am so into buying second-hand or antiquarian books. There is  a history to them. People have held them in their hands, poured over them and somehow I feel like there is a connection between me and them because we both loved the same book!
  3. 'If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger. I should not seem a part of it. ' -Emily Bronte

    I mentioned this in my "analysis" of the love between Heathcliff and Catherine in 'Wuthering Heights' and I can't get it out of my head. It is simply beautiful and for me it seems to go to the utter core of what love is about.
So, how about you? What are your favourite quotes and why?

Comments

  1. I love the third quote. It struck me as something that someone would say when he or she is truly in love and is loved in return.

    Thanks for stopping by and for following. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gandalf has so many wise words :) and I love that quote from Bronte. very beautiful sentiment!
    thanks for stopping by Juli! I'm an old follower as well

    ~aspen
    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes from novels that I absolutely love! =D I love that quote by Gandalf, I considered posting it but I chose another one from LOTR instead; too many great quotes from taht book to consider! lol

    Here's my BTT for this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are my two favorite Wuthering Heights quotes:

    Be with me always. Take any form, drive me mad, only do not leave me in this dark alone where I cannot find you. I cannot live without my life! I cannot die without my soul. Heathcliff, Emily Bronte-Wuthering Heights

    If he loved you with all the power of his soul for a whole lifetime, he couldn’t love you as much as I do in a single day.
    Heathcliff, Emily Bronte- Wuthering Heights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all three quotes especially the Gandalf quote.


    My BTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have also quoted a Gandalf quote in my post. He is so wise! I love the Lord of the Rings so I've slipped in a few! Great quotes :)

    Here's my BTT:
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/booking-through-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    Ah Wuthering Heights! Perfect for analysis of love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts