I Have Friday On My Mind


Gain New Blog Followers:

This week's FF (hosted by Alison Can Read) question is:

Q: You are a matchmaker -- your goal, hook up two characters from two of your favorite books. Who would it be? How do you think it would go?



Oh help, I am rubbish at this. Ok, let me think. I have never read the 'Hunger Games', but after seeing the movie, I think that Katniss and Hermione could take on the world together. No one could compete with those two; they're both intelligent and loyal. 




Book Beginnings is hosted by Rose City Reader and Friday 56 by Freda's Voice. This week I chose 'The Circular Staircase' by Mary Roberts Rinehart. 
BB:


'This is the story of how a middle-aged spinster lost her mind, deserted her domestic gods in the city, took a furnished house for the summer out of town, and found herself involved in one of those mysterious crimes that keep our newspapers and detective agencies happy and prosperous.'
I actually laughed, in a good way, when I read this first sentence. This promises to be a fun read with enough sarcasm and humour to not be too scary.


F56:


"Her prostration ever since, her--Aunt Ray, you don't think it was Gertrude who fell down the clothes chute?"I could only nod my head in a hopeless affirmative.
The word prostration was too much for me to handle so I had to choose these sentences. It apparently means being extremely exhausted, which makes sense in the context and is nothing like what I first thought it said.


So, how about you?

Comments

  1. What a great beginning. That put a smile on my face.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I liked the beginning...what is the name of the book? I must have missed it somewhere...lol

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually forgot to add it :O Thanks for reminding me.

      Delete
  3. 'deserted her domestic gods' -- I like this. If only we could all do this every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They could definitely rule the world! Haha :) A witch and a survivor-woman: perfect.

    New follower via GCF :D
    -Kirthi
    http://the1bookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/feature-and-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katniss and Hermione, huh? What an unlikely pair! I'm a new follower! My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun start to a mystery. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how she possible could "fall" into a chute.... she'd have to have been in a precarious position for that to happen... which means she is mischievous. Oh, I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good Picks, Thanks for stopping by and I am a new follower and added you to Google +

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Katniss and Hermione would be brilliant together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah...a classic mystery. I hope you are enjoying it. I really liked the opening sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, great combination I think you are right they would both kick some serious butt together... they are smart and tough stuff! New follower via GFC

    Kayla @ Bengal Reads (YA Blog) & Reading On The Wild Side (Adult Blog)

    "Click Here" To view my #FF post for Bengal Reads

    "Click Here" To view my #FF post for Reading On The Wild Side

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great, great opening. I am going ot go learn more about this one.

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    Apologies for the off-topic comment, but I couldn't find a contact email for you.

    I recently put out an ebook of my writing, called The New Death and others. It's a collection of short pieces, mostly dark fantasy.

    I was wondering if you'd be interested in doing a review on your blog.

    If so, please email me: news@apolitical.info. Let me know what file format is easiest for you, and I'll send you a free copy.

    You can download a sample from the ebook's page on Smashwords:

    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/92126

    I'm also happy to do interviews, guest posts, or giveaways. Just let me know what you'd prefer.

    Yours,
    James.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts