Friday, I'm in Love



Gain New Blog Followers
Congrats to Alison Can Read and Parajunkee on the 100th Follow Friday. There is no question this week around but you get to present a blog you really enjoy, so I chose:
Carabosse’s Library

There are so many brilliant blogs to choose from which made it really difficult to pick one!

But not only do I love the background on her blog and her button but I also enjoy her reviews! So, check her blog out!


Today, the book I'll use for Book beginnings (Rose City Reader) and Friday 56 (Freda's Voice) is 'Amelia' by Henry Fielding. I quite like Fielding, so this should be good, hopefully. 
BB:
THE VARIOUS ACCIDENTS which befel a very worthy couple after their uniting in the state of matrimony will be the subject of the following history. The distresses which they waded through were some of them so exquisite, and the incidents which produced these so extraordinary, that they seemed torequire not only the utmost malice, but the utmost invention, which superstition hath ever attributed to Fortune;

Yup, sounds good. It looks to be the perfect mix between the funny and the tragic. 

F56:
She trembled, turned pale, and discovered how well she understood me, by a thousand more symptoms than I could take notice of, in a state of mind so very little different from her own.

Amelia and Captain Booth are talking about love and trust me, if I was talking bout love with the one I loved, I would most definitely be trembling as well!

I always punch myself for not participating in TGIF, so this week: I AM!
 Cast Your Own Story: If you could use existing characters from some of your favorite books to create a new story, who would be in it?

I am really bad at remembering books when I have to. This is one of the reasons why I might fail my English exam. It also leads to me taking ages to answer this question. 

It would definitely have to be set in a forest because I love forests. I would imagine a group of wary warriors having to travel through the dark forest (imagine it a bit like Fangorn from LOTR or the Forbidden Forest in HP) in order to get to the Mountains in which they have to slay a dragon. In the male corner we would have maybe Gimli and Legolas, because their arguments (especially in 'The Two Towers') make me laugh. Otori Takeo from 'The Tales of the Otory' by Lian Hearn. He is intelligent , quick and can walk across a nightingale floor which could come in handy if you're warriors. 

For the females, we'd have Momo from Michael Ende's 'Momo'. Although she is only a child, she is very strong and courageous and she can listen, really listen. She could solve whatever problems we ran into. I'd also be quite happy with Hermione from 'Harry Potter', she is brilliant, so navigating our band of warriors through the forest shouldn't be a problem for her,

How about you? Leave a link in the comments!

Comments

  1. So many great blogs!
    Old GFC follower hopping through.
    Happy 100th FF!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am new to F&F I love the blog and followed you!
    Kate (http://readingunderthewillowtree.blogspot.co.uk/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice!

    (old follower)

    theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy reading Carabosse's Library as well. Good choice. I'll look forward to reading your 'forest' story! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showcasing my blog, Carabosse's Library! I'm so thrilled you ejoy my reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always wanted to read Fielding, the beginning and 56 sound interesting. Thanks for gfc follow, I am following you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great snippets! I do enjoy descriptions....

    Congrats to Carabosse's Library...I've enjoyed visiting her blog, too.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the snippets. I have Fielding on my long TBR list, but have yet to read anything by him. Here are my Friday Memes.

    Carabosse's Library is definitely a winning blog!

    And...if I were to write a story using existing characters, I'd probably want to do a Lord Peter Wimsey story (but, then again, I'd probably be too intimidated to do so...nobody can write like Sayers).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read anything by Fielding but the snippets sound interesting. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog!!! I love the classics reviewed here!! I am a new follower!!!!

    Elle@ http://lovebigreadbig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh nice character picks!!

    Thanks for visiting and following my blog! I follow you now too!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    NEW Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful. Love the prose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi! Great post, please check mine out at: www.rachelrmrblog.blogspot.com
    Happy Reading and Happy Friday!

    New follower:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, thanks for stopping by and visiting and following my blog. I haven't read anything by that author, it looks like a worthwhile read, very intense.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog and for the follow! I haven't read the books you picked for your TGIF but they sound really interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be sure to check out your feature. Looks good!

    My follow friday. Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a new follower, you can find my FF at http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/2012/06/feature-follow-friday-hop-plus.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Juli,

    I have never read any Fielding, however this book sounds like a great place to start.

    He certainly gets it about right, when he describes marriage as 'wading through distresses' and as your F56 lines are so close to the beginning of the book, I guess that they have only just recently married, so would still be in that blissful state of 'trembling at the knees' when they talk of love to one another.

    I wonder just how long the couple have been wed by the the end of the book, because after 33 years, I can assure you that the 'knee trembling' certainly stops!

    Thanks for sharing,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts