It's Monday, what are you reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at BookJourney!

What I did this/last week:

What I plan on reading this week:

'Le Morte d'Arthur; by Sir Thomas Malory

Le Morte d'Arthur is a compilation by Sir Thomas Malory of Romance tales about the legendary King ArthurGuinevereLancelot, and the Knights of the Round Table

I'm really excited for this one because I love all of the tales surrounding King Arthur and his court. They are some of the best knights tales I know and the transition from Anglo-Saxon culture to Christianity is represented really well. Also, it is written in a very historic way, which means there is a lot of 'and then'. So it's going to be a challenge as well!


'Midnight's Children' by Salman Rushdie

Saleem Sinai was born at midnight, the midnight of India's independence, and found himself mysteriously 'handcuffed to history' by the coincidence. He is one of 1,001 children born at the midnight hour, each of them endowed with an extraordinary talent - and whose privilege and curse it is to be both master and victims of their times. Through Saleem's gifts - inner ear and wildly sensitive sense of smell - we are drawn into a fascinating family saga set against the vast, colourful background of the India of the 20th century.
I started reading this one almost 2 years ago, but somehow I lost track of it. So now I am going to start it again and I am actually really looking forward to it. I love Indian history and what I remember from it, I really enjoyed its writing style and narrative!

Shakespeare:'Macbeth', 'Hamlet', 'A Midsnummer Night's Dream' and 'King Lear' 


I want to reread all of Shakespeare's classics, not just those above! I won't read all of these next weel obviously, but I want to get started this week! I just chose those above because I really like the covers! Shakespeare is an amazing playwright and his characters are so diverse and interesting that I will have a great summer!

So, how about you? What are you reading??

Comments

  1. It's been a while since I read Shakespeare. Glad you are reading some great classics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome list! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. You can absolutely look forward to "11.22.63", it's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to reread Shakespeare's plays! I should try to read one or two this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Shakespeare's comedies. Much Ado About Nothing is my favorite. I want to reread A Midsummer Night's Dream. I think I'd appreciate it more now than I would have as a student in college.

    I love reading stories about King Arthur but I've never read Le Morte d'Arthur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting idea to reread Shakespeare's work. Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts