April's First Teaser Tuesday



I can't believe it's already April and I am once again swarmed by coursework assignments. I am currently in the process of writing a surname analysis for a 14th century fiscal document. Who knew deciding to study English would lead me to this? But thankfully the amazing blogosphere is here to help me out and today my saviour takes the shape of Teaser Tuesday, as hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are simple:

• Grab your current read

• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Now, this week I'm using two different books because I'm terribly behind on my reading but want to introduce you to both. First up is The Seventh Child by Erik Valeur. 
'The girl's irises had been green and blurry, first shiny with pain and fear, then suddenly clear and cold, glaring up as if from a shaft inside the earth.' 2%
This is relatively early on in the book but I just loved the way it sounded. It's not really a spoiler to reveal this girl is about to give birth and then give her illegitimate child up for adoption, clearly something traumatic and something she doesn't want to do. I fear that all the things that will happen in this book are related to this. 

The second Teaser is from Dinner with Stalin and Other Stories by David Shrayer-Petrov. 
'After seventy-two hours, night and day became confused. It seemed to Dr. Garin that Natasha had always been in the hospital, and that bandages and treatments formed an endless circle, out of which neither he nor she could break.' p.15
This is from the first story in the bundle, which I am really enjoying so far. I can't wait to get to the story about Stalin.

So, what are you teasing with this week?

Comments

  1. Great teasers. I especially like the first one. Sounds like an interesting book.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers! The both sound interesting. Enjoy!
    I'm spotlighting Mrs. Lincoln's Rival today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great teasers both of them. Thanks for stopping by my site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both books sound really good. It's fun to read short stories sometimes, isn't it? I have to discipline myself to stop reading after each one, absorb it, and then go on to the next one instead of plunging ahead.
    My Teaser is from WITHOUT A TRACE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 7th child has been on my list!

    Here is mine today from Scarlett Says!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Seventh Child sounds really interesting... I love the description of her eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh nice teasers! Never heard of these but hope you're enjoying them!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your teaser, especially the first one! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm interested in both books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice teasers! I haven't heard of either of them.

    My TT:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2014/04/teaser-tuesday-34-see-jane-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teasers. These are new books to me. Hope you enjoyed them!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teasers. The Seventh Child sounds really intriguing. It sounds sad though. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts