Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop

BBH is hosted by Crazy-for-Books and FF is hosted by Parajunkee's View,

Book Blogger Hop



Villains in movies are easier!! I love Saruman in the Lord of the Rings and he is a villain, even if he's also a victim! His voice is amaaaazing!! And he is just genuinely a good actor! I love him! In a purely platonic way. I'd actually love to have lunch with him and talk about LOTR. He said he reads the book at least once a year! That is really good for someone his agem although I don't knew whether he still does it!
BBH Question is:
Who's your all-time favorite book villain?

On another blog I saw Bellatrix LeStrange from Harry Potter and she is B-A-D!  But I don't know whether she's my altijme favourite book villain! Let me think ... would you consider Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights a villain? Because he was pretty bad, but so was Cathy. Is there anyone else?


Thinking about it I love Morgoth in the Silmarillion!! He's simply a great character.
So, how about you?? Who's your favourite person to hate (or love really, because bad guys are great!)?

The FF Question:
What embarrassing thing have you done on cold medicine?
When I was little, about 4 I think, we were at a party and I "fell" down a rock. It was more like I jumped and landed wrong, on my ear. (I don't know how I did it!) So we went to the hospital because I had to get stitches and then they gave me something against the pain and to get me to sleep before they started and I started singing songs. But those medicines don't really make you more articulate. So instead of the songs I sang some weird variations that made everyone laugh.

That was my most embarrassing memory!! How about you??

Comments

  1. Hopping by:) Hm, I belong to those kind of people who thinks Heathcliff more as a hero than a villain, although, its true, he is bad. Tolkien created some great villains. Actually my favourite villain is one of his - Gollum, oh yesss, my precious. I just love his cunningness and the way of speaking.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm… My favorite villain… I like villains more than I like heroes, so it is usually very hard to name only one. So here are some, in no particular order:
    Marquise de Merteuil from Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos;
    Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris;
    The White Witch from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis;
    Count Dracula from Dracula by Bram Stoker;
    and my newly favorite: Fantomas from Fantomas by Pierre Souvestre and Marcel Allain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellatrix is a full-on psycho! :D Thanks for visiting my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even think of Bellatrix! Such a psychopath. I like your picks. Mine are here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just hopping by to say Happy Follow Friday! I'm a new follower - come visit me! :)

    Jenny @ Into The Morning Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Just hopping by. Ive never heard of the Sillmarillion

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I choose a villain that wasn't really a villain but was rather misunderstood :) So I probably would have gone with your Heathcliff/Cathy choice.

    www.reflectionsofabookaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by the blog!
    Would've loved to hear the songs *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great question. It took me all weekend to think of my favorite book villain, but I think I've finally got it! Mordred in Marion Zimmer Bradley's "Mists of Avalon" was an amazing and sympathetic villain!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts