Friday, 25 March 2011

Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop

BBH is hosted by Crazy-for-Books and FF is hosted by Parajunkee's View,

Book Blogger Hop



BBH Question is:
If you could physically put yourself into a book or series...which one would it be and why?

Obviously, as a Lord of the Rings fan I'd love, absolutely, love to be in there. I don't think I'd want to be one of the characters, although, if I had to choose, I'd want to be Eowyn. I'd love to just live in that world, at least for a while. I'd also really like to be in one of those Darth Bane-series I don't stop talking about! Then I'd like to be Zainnah, even though I just read the last book and I'm not quite sure how fortunate the ending is for her!

FF Question is:
Give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you

  • I read while I'm walking, which causes weird scenes with me falling down pavements and walking into people.
  • I got a Kindle because I wanted to save my bookshelves for old, antique books. It doesn't really work though, because if I happen to see a book I like I'll get it anyway.
  • When I read The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon I had the weirdest experience. I went to bed and I had read some of the scariest parts that day. I woke up, in  the middle of the night, convinced I was in some cave with the bad guy from the book right behind me. I didn't dare to turn around and when i stretched out my arms I only felt a wall. So for ten heart-wenching minutes I seriously thought  I was in a cave. Then it turned out I was lying the wrong way round in bed, it was the middle of the night and that was why it was dark.
  • My favourite book, maybe, is an old copy from about a 120 years ago. It's a long verse about Guinevere and it's really beautiful. Also it's rare apparently. 
  • I'm so happy I started blogging because this way I can "force" myself to read. And I get so many amazing books from authors to review! I LOVE THIS!
So, how about you? What are your answers? Don't hesitate to leave a comment with your link!

6 comments:

  1. I bought the ereader in order to save bookshelf space,and there are books out there that aren't available in ebook format so I end up buying the book. I think i'm just addicted to buying books in either format :)

    inthenameofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old follower stopping by! I chose LOTR, too:)Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Zafon's books are so visual with his prose that I can see how that would happen.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful header....

    ....hope you have a fun hope.

    My answer has three choices - stop by if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juli - Digging your 5 things. I bought a Kindle for the same reason and it didn't work for the same reason. I get dizzy when I try to read and walk though.

    ReplyDelete