Friday, 22 April 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday

BBH is hosted by Crazy-for-Books and FF is hosted by Parajunkee's View,

Book Blogger Hop

So, the FF Question is:
What is on your current playlist right now?I've got loads of soundtracks on my music player, mostly Lord of the Rings, Narnia and Star Wars. XD
I don't really have a favourite band, but I do have loads of 80s bands on there, such as Bananarama, Ultravox, Talk Talk, etc.

The BBH Question is:
If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?
It depends what about the book I fall in lvoe with. If I love the writing style or the exploration of characters I will definitely try to find other books by the author. If it's the first book of a series obviously as well. But if I fall in lvoe with the characters and the story I'm often hesitant to look up other books because they obviously have different stories and I might just be really disappointed.

So how about you? Leave your link behind and I'll definitely come and check your answers out!






11 comments:

  1. Great answer to the blog hop question! My playlist is pretty specific right now but I have every piece of music that I have loved in the last 10 years on my ipod, so the collection can be sort of crazy!

    Here is my hop post:
    http://www.handsandhome.ca/2011/04/follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting (:

    I almost always read books by authors I like (as long as it's in the same genre), but I agree with what you said - the writing is more important than the plot when I decide whether or not I should read another book by that author. Nice music choices! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following back! I feel ya about the books. More often than not I feel the same way. *ruefulsmile*

    Thanks for hopping by my blog and the follow!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Redd @ the Wyld Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Posted ur button and added you to my blog roll. XD The caption said to let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point... Style is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog picture!!! I love finding new books from authors I love.
    Hopping by and following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Juli, new follower here, found your blog through the FF for this week :)

    I love the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, the music is so beautiful. I am a major LOTR nerd haha...

    Feel free to stop by my blog sometime!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I was hopping through and couldn't help myself.... I grabbed your badge and became a follower! I also added you to my blog roll.
    I also agree with your answer to the author question - sort of. If an author is really good with characters and a story - I probably would look them up and give them a second chance - no matter what!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just hopping by! I am a new follower. Have a great weekend. :)

    Reading Lark's Follow Friday & Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you via the Hop! Enjoy your weekend!

    Janna
    Primo Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh sometimes Soundtracks have the coolest music on them! I could understand why you have that on your playlist mostly :)

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete