Then and Now #43 (3/7/23 - 9/8/23)

 

Happy Sunday and welcome to July!  The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted @ Caffeinated Reviewer. See rules here: Sunday Post MemeMailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.  It is hosted weekly over at Mailbox Monday and every Friday they do a round-up of some of their favourite, shared reads!

Last Week

This week was a lot. Technically all good things, but still, so much going on. From planning our conference, teaching, admin stuff, trying to write an article... every day felt like I was already running behind so with every task I was doing I felt like I wasn't doing it quick enough. I took some "mental hygiene" time during the week, still working but going through it in calm steps and not pushing myself. I didn't want to make mistakes just by stressing, and I also didn't want to push myself to the extent that I had to stop. While I'm really enjoying this semester, I'm also looking forward to it being done by the end of the month so that I can refocus on writing my thesis. It's getting to crunch time for the first few chapters, so I really want to be able to focus.

I also had a busy weekend. My mum got us tickets for the Worms Festspiele, specifically for the new Brynhildr play. As I'm writing about her in my thesis, I was super excited to see a new adaptation on her. And it was ... quite something! (I'll probably end up writing something about this.) The Festspiele run superlate though, like the play didn't end until like midnight. I might be getting too old for midnight stuff... And then on Sunday I visited my granddad and had another dance rehearsal. I'm really enjoying the dancing, but I'm also looking forward to the performance being done next weekend so that I get my weekends back and relax again.

Reading wise, this hasn't been a super productive week? I've been listening to audio books, which I've been enjoying. And I did race through My Nemesis this week, it absolutely blew my mind. So I guess I'm more on the quality than the quantity vibe this week! Again, once the semester is over, I'm knuckling down. On the other hand, I've already read 68 books this year, which is way more than usual at this time of year, so I'm not doing too badly.

Posted this week:

Recommendation

This one is a little self-serving! I've been talking about the podcast I wanted to start for a bit now and I put the first episode live this week. I'd love some feedback on it from people like y'all who are into books as much as I am! I'm happy for any feedback, whether it's positive, negative, or constructive!

Mailbox Monday

Still nothing! I'm being so good, honestly! I did buy Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean on Audible. I reviewed it ages ago and wanted to reread it but couldn't find the ARC anymore :( But then I realised it was on Audible as an audiobook with a lovely British narrator, so I'm looking forward to getting into that again.

Comments

  1. Good luck with your thesis and 68 books so far is awesome! Also good luck with your podcast, that's fun. I liked listening in about The Kraken Wakes, it's not one I've heard of before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The play sounds wonderful! And yay for the podcast!! I'm a fan of Day of the Triffids by the author but haven't read that one. I'm going to give a listen while I Sunday hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the play! I don't get to see too many of those. Our theaters tend to be in the not so great areas, so we always need the matinee or daytime showing of whatever might be playing that tickles our fancies! Lol. I like seeing the Broadway musicals when they come around, usually the Disney ones. Sadly Frozen came at a busy time last year so it didn't even register to me to try to get tickets. Maybe another time!

    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like your reading progress this year is impressive! Completing 68 books is quite an accomplishment. Keep up the great work and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts