Then and Now #42 (26/6/23 - 2/7/23)

 

Happy Sunday and welcome to July!  The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted @ Caffeinated Reviewer. See rules here: Sunday Post MemeMailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.  It is hosted weekly over at Mailbox Monday and every Friday they do a round-up of some of their favourite, shared reads!

Last Week

Honestly... how is it July?! Why is time flying so much? Some months go so slow, but June always flies by for me somehow. It's also been a busy week, on all fronts. On the personal front: by Friday, all of my closest family members (dad, sister, and mother) had been to the hospital for some reason. They're all doing ok, especially considering the circumstances, but it made for a rollercoaster of a week! Professionally, it's also been a busy week but thankfully with mostly positive things! I got a positive response to some of my ideas and we just received word we will get the funding for a conference we want to organise! We're still waiting for the official paperwork to make it fully real, but it was a massive booster for myself and my boss, I think!

On the blog/reading front, I've been doing better at staying active on the blog with these weekly posts, but I haven't read or reviewed as much as I would like. Part of the reason for that is that I've been spending a lot of time working on my podcast which isn't even real yet. My plan is to have the first episode go live on Thursday, so maybe next week I can share the link! I'm still wondering whether it's "enough" to post one episode a week or if I should add some extra bits... any ideas are welcome! 

Posted this week:

Recommendations

The new trailer for Dune: Part Two bleeeeew my mind! I'm definitely gonna see this at least twice in the cinema, if I can find an Imax somewhere near me! (I'll probably also do a podcast episode on it, methinks!)


Mailbox Monday

Nothing! I've actually been kind of OK at not requesting as many books and staying on top, kind of, of the monthly publication days, so that at least my shelf isn't growing as much, even if it's still a monstrous size. I really went insane with the requests in 2021-22 which I still need to catch up with... *hides in shame* 

So that's it for me!

Comments

  1. Good luck with the Podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Podcast-fun!! Sorry about your family all being in the hospital! That is a rough week for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry t ohear about your family! I hope everyone is okay.

    I think once a week is okay for the podcast. I'm not an e xpert on them by any means ha but it seems like once a week gives lots f different people time to listen to that.

    I haven't seen the first Dune but dang maybe I need to rectify that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. June flew by for me as well. I am not sure I am ready for it to be July already. I was sorry to read your family has been in the hospital. That would be quite stressful! I hope they are all feeling better. That is great news at work though! I am glad you are getting the funding for the conference. Good luck with the podcast! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts