Friday Friyay: 'Last Girl Ghosted' by Lisa Unger

 Happy Friday everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans amongst us! Mild stress here as the boyfriend of one of my housemates has just tested positive for COVID so now we're all isolating/wearing masks, as she self-tests into oblivion! So to distract myself, this is the book I'm hoping to read this weekend: Last Girl Ghosted by Lisa Unger!


You trusted him with your secret…and then he vanished.

When Wren Greenwood meets a good-looking stranger from a dating app, she expects a casual fling – but they connect immediately. Adam Harper is her perfect match.

She falls for him.

She confides in him.

And then he disappears… his profiles deleted, his phone disconnected, his Manhattan apartment emptied.

First, Wren blames herself. Then she hears about the other girls – girls who fell in love with Adam, and are now missing.

Wren needs answers, but as she follows the breadcrumb trail Adam left behind, it leads back to her own dark past. Suddenly, she’s no longer sure if she’s predator or prey.

She only knows one thing: whatever it takes, she’ll be the last girl he ever ghosts…

Book Beginnings is at home on Rose City Reader, hosted by Gilion Dumas, and Friday 56 at Freda's Voice, hosted by Freda. I'll also be joining the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. 

BB:

'Prologue
Mia
Mia Thorpe drove, the road ahead of her long and twisting. Dark. She'd been driving on and off for two days, was stiff and bleary-eyed from the trip. She'd stopped last night at a motel for a fitful sleep, half-waiting for word from Raife that didn't come.' p.1 (in my Digital Editions)

Why is Raife not messaging? Why has she been driving for two days? While the beginning doesn't immediately grab me, I do have enough questions to want to keep reading.

F56:

'When I'm done with my letter, I polish it, rework it, think about it a bit more. A tweak here, there. As I hit Send, a sigh moves through my body, a kind of release. I feel much better than I did before.' p.56 (in my Digital Editions)

Now this has me intrigued because I recognize this emotion! I too have released a sigh of relief upon sending certain emails or certain messages, a weight off my shoulders. Can't wait to see if the writer of the letter is Mia, and who she is sending it to and why!

BBH:

Today's question was submitted by Julie over at Stepping Stones Book Reviews:

What is your favourite memory surrounding books?

Oh, where even to start? I have lovely memories of curling up in front of the (fake) fireplace at my grandma's as a child and reading while the adults around me had adult conversations. And there are the midnight Harry Potter releases I went to with an aunt, where there were capes, hats, potions and mystery snacks! But I guess the things I missed most during the many lockdowns were the memories of visiting bookstores, touching aaalll the books, reading a chapter here and there, and leaving with at least one book. 

And there are also the memories of times when reading helped me escape my surroungings, where they gave me a much-needed escape from the real world.

That's it for me! Again, drop by the spotlight for Takeem's book if you have the chance and have a lovely weekend!

Comments

  1. Oh wow, that sounds really interesting!! I hope you enjoy it! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/11/first-line-friday-27-memory-quilt.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing snippets, especially that beginning! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is a fabulous escape from the real world, so true! And this book look awesome. I've been kind of wanting to read Lisa Unger.

    Sorry to hear about the Covid thing! Stay safe and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts