Sunday Round-Up #1

Sunday PostI've missed doing weekly round-ups so I've decided to jump back onboard and rejoin Kimberley over at Caffeinated Reviewer for the Sunday Post. See below what this meme is all about and then feel free to hop over and join in yourself!
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.  See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This week I've started by new reading project, Reading Boccaccio During Corona. As some of you may know, I live in Shanghai so we're currently all on extended holiday leave because of the Coronavirus. No worries, I'm all good, but I thought it made the perfect occasion to read Boccaccio's book set during a Black Plague.

Reviews:
Books read:
So as I've been spending a lot of time at home and have got whole other week to go before I can return to the office, so hopefully I'll be getting loads of reading done. Any book recommendations (or Netflix recommendations!) are very welcomed since I will be getting bored :)

Comments

  1. I hope you are being safe. At least you have a break to catch upon your books. We are also advised to stay safe, as we receive many Chinese tourists in Dubai!

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you continue to stay safe and that they contain this virus soon! We've had a couple of cases from travelers in China here in California but now there's a mandatory quarantine for anyone who was in the zone.

    I like that you're trying to make the best of things and take advantage of the extra holiday time by a read-a-thon! Enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I hope you can enjoy your reading holiday! It's like when in Minnesota there is a huge snowstorm - it's like free time, even though you have to catch up on the work later.

    I wish for the virus situation to be resolved soon. Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay well and enjoy the time off! Hopefully things don't get to bad with that virus. Looks like you have some good stuff to read. I wish I had good Netflix recs but I'm so behind on all the shows seems like!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I about died laughing at your reading choice! Too funny. I hope you stay safe and find lots of books and Netflix shows. I've been rewatching The Office and have been absolutely loving it. So maybe you could watch it and feel like you're back at work? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay well. I hope they contain the virus soon. So glad you are joining us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Juli! What a dilemma. I see you are making the most of your situation. Perfect reading material. I hope everything settles down there quickly and that you are able to resume your normal life soon.

    Know that you are always welcome to link up at Sunday Salon anytime you like. I have to posts set to appear on Saturday here in the US and we always run through Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope its okay to mention, but Edgar Allan Poe wrote Masque of Red Death which I read prior to reading Decameron and which I thought Decameron would be like. LOL not really. Really loved the tenth stories of the day. Stay safe and enjoy Decameron!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are staying safe...enjoy your books and your reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts