I can't believe I missed this! Tolkien's Birthday!!

Yesterday was J.R.R. Tolkien's birthday! The genius that gave us the Silmarillion, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and much more was born on the 3rd of January in 1892.

This will only be a short post, but I just had to, once again, express my love and gratitude to this man. On his own he created the fantasy-genre. He wrote the Ur-epic and many authors have tried to copy his work. He showed that a book can be more than just words. He created a world that has since inspired and touched thousands of people.
 I added a clip of J.R.R. Tolkien talking about death. Sorry for the subtitles, but it's just a great clip! Feel free to leave your best wishes to Mr. Tolkien.

Comments

  1. OMG, someone feels the same with me.Few hours ago I told Kayz how unbelievable stupid I was to forgot Tolkien's birthday, if only I remember it I could arrange Tolkien's week or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more stupid forgettable crature shares your feelings:) I wonder how I could miss this, me being a big fan of Tolkien.

    @ Lynossa: Good idea, Tolkien's week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea!! We'll organize one next year!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, thanks for posting this.

    I found you via book blogs and I'm following you now.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm passing the Stylish Blogger Award to you...check out my site for rules on how to obtain it!
    Thanks!
    www.fictionflaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts