Sip + Read

Now that I am back at university and no longer working full-time my favourite thing to do in the morning is sip my coffee and read around the Internet. While I stay on top of the news, these mornings aren't for the big headlines, they're for the other kinds of news, the slow reads, the in-depth takes. So I thought every Wednesday I'd collect some of my favourite reads from the previous 7 days for you. This means some articles may be a little older but no less worthwhile! 


  • The Louvre put its entire Art Collection, over 480,000 works, online and what could be better than that? (Travel + Leisure)
  • Shakespeare and Dante fans are feuding at it was started by a Frankfurther Rundschau article of all things (LitHub, for my fellow Germans: Frankfurter Rundschau)
  • Kaitlyn Greenidge on her book Libertie, motherhood and her writing process (Shelf Awareness)
  • A story by Megan Pillow celebrating the Girl Detective (Electric Literature)
  • My fave Catriona Ward on her book The Last House on Needless Street and horror fiction (Guardian Books)
  • My other fave Natalie Portman tells us about her memorable reads and reminds me to check out Natalie Portman's Fables asap (Elle)
  • Laura Miller writes scathingly and beautifully about books as self-help and about a book I'm currently crawling through (Slate)
  • A lovely review on an English-language collection of Vietnamese short stories,  A Rainy Night in the City (Vietnam Net)
Did you read anything exciting or fun over the last few days you'd like to share? Do pop a link in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts