Waiting on Wednesday: 'The Museum of Extraordinary Things'

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This meme is  is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week I'm showing you a read I'm really excited for:The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman. I absolutely love Practical Magic, so I have high hopes for this one. I got approved for it on Netgalley (yaay!) so I'm going to start reading it soon.
Coney Island, 1911: Coralie Sardie is the daughter of a self-proclaimed scientist and professor who acts as the impresario of The Museum of Extraordinary Things, a boardwalk freak show offering amazement and entertainment to the masses. An extraordinary swimmer, Coralie appears as the Mermaid alongside performers like the Wolfman, the Butterfly Girl,and a 100 year old turtle, in her father's ""museum"". She swims regularly in New York's Hudson River, and one night stumbles upon a striking young man alone in the woods photographing moon-lit trees. From that moment, Coralie knows her life will never be the same. 
The dashing photographer Coralie spies is Eddie Cohen, a Russian immigrant who has run away from his father's Lower East Side Orthodox community. As Eddie photographs the devastation on the streets of New York following the infamous Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire, he becomes embroiled in the mystery behind a young woman's disappearance and the dispute between factory owners and labourers. In the tumultuous times that characterized life in New York between the world wars, Coralie and Eddie's lives come crashing together in Alice Hoffman's mesmerizing, imaginative, and romantic new novel.

So, what are you waiting for this week?

Comments

  1. This is new to me! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard about this one before. Thank you for sharing.

    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the setting and author of your featured book.

    My WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/04/waiting-on-wednesday-new-debut-fiction.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to read this one too. Seems really interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the cover. It's new to me, and sounds really good! Great choice =)

    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. These type of covers seem to be popular lately (not that I'm complaining) I love them. Sounds great though! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds really good - and I really like the cover as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh... this one looks awesome! Great choice!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this sounds pretty intriguing! Hope you enjoy it :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts