Teaser Tuesday: Life Knocks

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading! I chose a novel I am reading for review at the moment, since that was the one closest to me. It's 'Life Knocks' by Craig Stone. Here is the teaser I chose:

'To distract my imagination from picturing Mohammad naked, and on the other side of my front door with a cup up against the wall trying to hear me breathe, I start cleaning.'         P. 25
I should probably explain that Mohammad is his landlord, who sneaks into his room when he's not there. At this moment Colossus, the protagonist, is waiting for M. to enter again so he can catch him in the act. But as you see, it didn't really work out for him. I am really enjoying this book so far, it is really funny and interesting at the same time.

Another teaser from another book I'm going to start soon, because I'm in a happy mood! ;) This is 'The Picture of Dorian Grey' by Oscar Wilde.

'Lips that Shakespeare taught to speak have whispered their secret in my ear. I have had the arms of Rosalind around me, and kissed Juliet on the mouth.'          P.81

Aaaagghh, I love this quote sooo much. What is wrong with Oscar Wilde that he wrote such beautiful things that make me happy?
So, what are you teasing everyone else with?

Comments

  1. Interesting teaser, I'll watch for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He reminds me of Faust and his pact with the devil. Haven't read the book but know the story well. The tease makes me want to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Picture of Dorian Grey is a wonderful book. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by!

    Kendal
    Kinx's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teasers but two very different books. I like the variety you choose. This week my teasers are from Dark Destiny by M. J. Putney and First Do No Evil by Carey Baldwin. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, both are great snippets. I just finished reading a book where the people in a neighborhood entered houses on the street without knocking. Very disconcerting. At least in your book, the intruder comes in when he's not there. Although that's not good, either.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lyrical, this teaser is great! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these teasers grabbed my interest. I started reading The Picture of Dorian Gray once but got sidetracked. Need to try it again because I know it's a classic.
    My Teaser today is from LEAVING SERENITY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh interesting tease! Haven't read this one. Happy Reading!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good tease. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice teasers. Both are very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, if you didn't give the context, I would have completely mis-understood the first quote. But both teasers are really interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful teaser from Dorian Gray. The whole book is beautiful, I'm sure you'll like it.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very intriguing teaser..I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this book! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had Dorian Gray on my to-read list for SO LONG and just never picked it up. Your teaser makes me want to get a copy right now!! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for visiting my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teasers! Thanks for stopping by!

    ~Gin @ Addicted to Words

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts