Then and Now #22 (2/28/22 - 3/6/22)

Happy Sunday! The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted @ Caffeinated Reviewer. See rules here: Sunday Post MemeMailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.  It is hosted weekly over at Mailbox Monday and every Friday they do a round-up of some of their favourite, shared reads!

Last Week

It's been a surprisingly productive week, both on the work, blog, and social end! I had my first night at a bar in ages and of course the alcohol hit way harder than it used to. (The fact I forgot to have dinner may also have played a role in this!) But it was nice to meet up with friends again and attempt to set the world to rights. 

I've also managed to submit my final essay of the term and two PhD applications. I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed in the hope that these turn into something. Now it's all about the thesis. I need to write about 25,000 to 30,000 words until June. I have pretty good faith in myself that this'll happen, I have a huge amount of ideas and themes and analyses set to go but ... I need to actually start writing. So that's my hope for the next week, that I get the words onto the paper and just start. It's also been beautiful weather here, which has helped me feel a little more inspired.

Posted:

Recommendation

I really wanted to feature Florence & The Machine' s 'King' again, but I feel like that probably defeats the point. Instead, I finally went back to church today, for the first time in ages, since many restrictions have now been lifted. I do adore my church, which is the Domkerk in Utrecht. Today's reading was about Mary anointing Jesus, so of course this was in my head and of course I want to share it with you:

Important PSA: this is the only version of Jesus Christ Superstar I accept. Yes, I'm sure the other versions are great fun, but this is the one I grew up with and this is the one that has had a big impact on my own view on my faith, so I'm sticking with it. 

Mailbox Monday

Actually... nada! I have been trying to really limit the amount of books I request because my NetGalley shelf is honestly out of control. So no new books, but plenty of exciting reads that are available to me. I'm really one of those readers whose eye is bigger than their stomach xD Even I can only read so much!

So that's it for me! How's your weekend going? And what are your plans for next week?

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you had a good week! That's great to hear! Good luck with your thesis too! I always hated having to write those really long papers, I can't say I miss it either. Lol. But if you got ideas you can work with than it should be easy to write those words!

    Yay for not adding to the TBR pile! I really only added 1 with a maybe on the 2nd one for now what with the book boxes I got this week! 1 book is a double, so it's already on the TBR lol!

    Happy Reading!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the PhD applications. How exciting! I also have an overflow of books in Netgalley, so am trying not to borrow more right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the thesis goes well. Have another good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice that you were able to get out! And best of luck with the writing.

    Thank you for that clip! I've never seen that...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts