Friday Friyay: 'Fates and Furies' by Lauren Groff

Happy Friday! It's been a whirlwind of a week, with loads of important things needing to be done, but thankfully we've also had sunshine. I hope that continues into the weekend so I can snag some minutes of sitting in the park with a book. One of the books I hope to read is Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff. I've heard so much about it in the past few years, so now I'm finally getting around to it. 

Every story has two sides.

Every relationship has two perspectives.
And sometimes, it turns out, the key to a great marriage is not its truths but its secrets.

At age twenty-two, Lotto and Mathilde are tall, glamorous, madly in love and destined for greatness. A decade later, their marriage is still the envy of their friends, but behind closed doors things are even more complicated and remarkable than they have seemed.

Book Beginnings is at home on Rose City Reader, hosted by Gilion Dumas, and Friday 56 at Freda's Voice, hosted by Freda. I'll also be joining the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer.

BB:

'A thick drizzle from the sky, like a curtain's sudden sweeping. The seabirds stopped their tuning, the ocean went mute. Houselights over the water dimmer to gray.' 1%

Love the description of the rain, love the idea of the sound of the beach. If the entire book is this lyrically written I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot.

F56:

'Her husband had wooed her with his leather jacket, his pompadour, his motorcycle. Small things to trade for a life, but at the time they had seemed powerful.' %56

I don't know if a pompadour would do it for me, but the leather jacket and motorcycle absolutely would. It's interesting to look back on the things that were such a fascination for you back in the day.

BBH

This week's question was suggested by Jade over at Stepping Stone Book Reviews:

What inspired you to start book blogging?

Oh I can't wait to find out everyone's answer to this question! For me, it was an English teacher who encouraged our entire class to start a blog to track our thoughts on the books we were reading. Being a good girl, I was the only one who actually followed her advice. Within a week, I had discovered NetGalley and Goodreads and the blog quickly turned from something meant to be academic into a proper book review blog. That was 12 years ago! Since then I've kept up with the blog pretty well although there definitely have been months in which I posted way less than in others. 

That's it for me this week! 

Comments

  1. I have to laugh when I see those pompadours. I was never impressed by them, not even back in the day. I hope you love the book.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this book in my reading stacks for ages--thanks for placing it back on my radar. Hope it's an enjoyable read for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pompadour wouldn't do it for me but the leather jacket and motorcycle are a different story :) Sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fates and Furies looks interesting. I'm not familiar with this author, so thanks for mentioning the book. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the premise of the book you spotlighted: sounds like a fascinating read! I loved hearing about your Book Blogger Hop answer too: it's been so interesting hearing each book blogger's origin story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like an interesting read...but I've never been into pompadour, motorcycles or leather jackets. Have a great weekend! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/03/first-line-friday-41-edgewater-road.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is on my GR list!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been told I need to try this author one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts