Booking Through Thursday:

btt button It is Thursday, which means it is time for BTT, hosted by the blog of the same title. This week has 2 questions that ask the same:


Has a book ever inspired you to change anything in your life, fiction or non-fiction alike?
and 



There have been books I loved, books that I fell in love with, and books that changed my life, and they’re not always the same nor mutually exclusive.

Well, there are so many books that inspire me. One of them is Gustav Schwab's 'Gods and Heroes of Ancient Greece'. I read this book when I was 8 and we trekked through Greece during one hot summer. It is amazing to read about the Greek gods and then look up to see temples and the blue sea. I was completely won over and it started my fascination with reading and is therefore one of the reasons I am currently blogging. Also, because of this book I did Latin and Greek in school, which now helps me in understanding Old English, my new passion. It's just wonderful when everything seems to come together.
The other book that majorly influenced me was 'The Lord of the Rings', although perhaps it wasn't as much reading the book as thinking about it that made the difference. Realizing how much work, knowledge and effort went into writing such a book was new to me. And again, it played perfectly into my interest for Old English and North European mythology.

So, how about you? Leave a link in your comment because I love to visit back!!!!

Comments

  1. I remember reading Tolkien and being in awe at his creativity. I couldn't imagine creating something so whole and complete.

    Great Blog!

    Jessica @ talesbetweenthepages.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked your answer.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/booking-through-thursday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think that I often associate books with settings and times during which I enjoyed them. They are forever after linked to those moments.

    Thanks for visiting my blog...enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool that you read about the gods while you were in Greece, Must have been incredible :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/booking-through-thursday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tolkien was a totally amazing person. I was hooked after I read the Hobbit. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read more about Ancient Greece!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts