Then and Now #38 (7/2/23 - 12/2/23)

 

Happy Sunday and welcome to the new year!  The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted @ Caffeinated Reviewer. See rules here: Sunday Post MemeMailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week.  It is hosted weekly over at Mailbox Monday and every Friday they do a round-up of some of their favourite, shared reads!

Last Week

What a week! It is finally the end of our winter-semester (Semesters are looong in Germany) so technically I have a little bit of a break from prepping classes and doing homework for the Norwegian language-course I'm doing. But really this just meant a shifting of priorities, not a lessening in work. My supervisor and I are working on a grant application for the conference we want to organise, so I'm steeped in calculations and costs and catering contacts etc. but I think it is really useful to get experience with this, so I don't mind. And also, I really want our conference to happen, so I'm giving it my all. I also have my Norwegian exam on Thursday and I'm getting my Tetanus booster on Friday, so life keeps trucking along.

I'm technically getting good reading done, but not a lot of it is actually the books I should read, if that makes sense? Like, I have books coming up to publication which I need to read, but the books on my actual bookshelf have a strong siren-call lately. But as long as I'm reading, I'm not mad. Also, the sun has finally been shining again and although I don't really get seasonal depression over the darkness of winter, I am really appreciating the sunshine. It also makes my cat happy, and a happy cat means a happy me.

Posted lately:

Recommendation

I have been listening to Christopher Tin a lot lately, and Baba Yetu is my current favourite. It is the Lord's Prayer in Swahili and it is just so uplifting. I would call myself Christian, even if loads of Christians would say I'm not really one, and the joy of this song is exactly what I look for in my faith.

Mailbox Monday

No new books for me this week, which is only right because I have so many books to read already

So that's it! I hope you all had a good week and have a great one coming up!

Comments

  1. I often struggle between the books I feel I should read versus the ones I really want to read. Guess which ones win out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break! Good luck with the conference and the exam. I have the same issue with books. I make a TBR every month and then don't read any of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying some sunshine here, too; we had so much rain for a few weeks, so what a nice break! Enjoy your week and your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It happens to me too when I can't always read the books I intended too. I get a little behind. I definitely understand about a happy cat. It's very important :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! When my cat is happy I am too! Nice to hear you and kitty are enjoying the sunshine! Good luck on your grant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm between books right now and am having trouble deciding between a review galley and a book from my personal stash. Decisions, decisions. Have a good week!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your break! Good luck with the conference and the exam.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get to relax a bit during your break. That music piece is wonderful, and you can clearly see the joy of those involved and the joy on faces in the images behind. Thanks so much for sharing that. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. breaks in book deliveries can be a good time to catch up on TBR mountains

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts