Read + Sip

Now that I am back at university and no longer working full-time my favourite thing to do in the morning is sip my coffee and read around the Internet. While I stay on top of the news, these mornings aren't for the big headlines, they're for the other kinds of news, the slow reads, the in-depth takes. So I thought every Wednesday I'd collect some of my favourite reads from the previous 7 days for you. This means some articles may be a little older but no less worthwhile! 


  • Are you a Tolkien fan? Contribute to this Oral History! (LitHub)
  • Salman Rushdie on Midnight's Children at 40 (The Guardian, Books)
  • On Spite: The Pro's and Cons of Being Deeply...Petty (LitHub)
  • 7 Stories About Men Confronting Toxic Masculinity (Electric Literature)
  • The 15th-Century's Wool Worker's Son Who Made Books for Princes and Popes (New York Times)
  • How to Balance Worldbuilding and Action in Your Novel (CrimeReads)

Also, Shadow and Bone is officially on Netflix so now I need to convince a housemate to watch it with me so I have someone to yell about it with!

Did you read anything interesting this week? Do share a link in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts