Harry Potter Moment of the Week - Minerva McGonagall

Term is over, Christmas is nigh and I have a mighty need for Harry Potter! Now that I'm at home and I have a TV and DVD player at hand I feel like a HP movie night is in order, especially since I need to recover from the trauma that is and was The Battle of Five Armies. I have not recovered from my two screenings so far and I don't know when I will, to be honest. But another post about that later. Harry Potter Moment of the Week is hosted by Leah over at Uncorked Thoughts. This week's question is:

Best Minerva McGonagall line?


How do you choose just one? There are so many amazing moment from this absolutely amazing character! I'm going to resort to listing, since there is no way I am going to put just one line down. McGonagall is one of my favourite HP characters because J.K. wrote her perfectly. She is clearly an authority figure and, unlike Dumbledore, she wasn't a complete Harry-fangirl, but, again unlike Dumbledore, I always thought she would sacrifice everything to keep those safe she loves. Ok, I'm going to try not to get emotional over McGonagall while you enjoy the following lines:

  • 'We'll leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are legend.' - Chamber of Secrets (I think she knew all along.)
  • 'They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot.' - Deathly Hallows
  • 'I will not have you, in the course of a simple evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons.' - Goblet of Fire
  • 'I've always wanted to use that spell!' - Deathly Hallows
  • 'BOOM!' - Deathly Hallows

Round of gratuitous applause for the genius that is McGonagall and the beauty that is Maggie Smith's performance.

What is your favourite McGonagall line? Did you also fail and make a list instead?

Comments

  1. Oh wasn't Maggie Smith just perfect for McGonagall? I love her! You included some here that I forgot about like the Lockhart one which was great. I really enjoy that she doesn't have a problem giving her mind to faculty as well as students...it was a lot of fun to read :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Maggie Smith was perfection as McGonagall ♥ And ALL the moments you listed are among my favorites! She's just such an amazingly strong character...I love her to bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All awesome picks! I think all her lines are just the best, not a bad quote ever hahaha :D Love that idiot one from DH, finally someone put Filsh in place. I always found it weird no teachers went after him. :D
    Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha all such amazing choices! McGonagall is easily one of the most loved characters in the series :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts