Harry Potter Moment of the Week - Favourite Editions of the Books

I haven't done this meme in a few weeks and I have been missing it. And since this is the week in which the Hogwarts Express left for Hogwarts I have been extremely nostalgic so therefore it is high time to return to the Harry Potter Moment of the Week meme, hosted by Leah over at Uncorked Thoughts. This week we're picking:

Our Favourite Editions of the Books

This one is probably a bit of a no-brainer but I absolutely love my own editions and couldn't imagine reading others. Although they are in German and I'd love to read the books in English, I will always love my own editions the most. I already posted about my own editions when we had a similar question, so I won't go into more detail about them.

Instead, I thought I'd post some great editions I had seen out on the interwebs. Just look at the one on the right, looking all kinds of old and everything! It would fit right next to some fairytale books. I can totally see myself getting this edition for my future kids and just be like 'Yeah, Harry Potter has secretly been passed down for generations.'

Also, I don't know who made these editions, I think it's Bloomsbury, but just look at the cover for Prisoner of Azkaban! It's absolutely stunning. I love how it is on the one hand quite simplistic but then the drawings are absolutely stunning. And the way it is contrasting Harry's Patronus against the Dementors is a great reimagining of the scene in the book. So yeah, I can also see myself getting this one. If I'm honest I will probably end up with a collection of Harry Potter editions and no friends by the end of my thirties!

So, how about you? Do you have a favourite edition that is not your own?

Comments

  1. Well, your editions are STUNNING. I love how classic they look and all the detail on the covers looks amazing - they almost look like magical books that belong in the Hogwarts library ♥ Oh and yeah I also love the other edition you featured!! The art is simple but at the same time they say SO MUCH about the story :D GREAT picks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow the red ones look AMAZING! I want those now so badly! I didn't even know these exist! So simple but so classy! Looove.
    I kinda like the signature ones, thought I think they are a bit plain..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to get the new ones with the updated covers, but haven't gotten around to it. I wasn't allowed to read Harry Potter as a kid, so I had to buy them all used. Unfortunate, because I'd love to have all first editions like some of my friends! I do love the red ones! I bet those would be incredibly expensive!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, cool choice! Your editions are beautiful and so classic. I would never have guessed that's what they were just looking at them on a shelf. I went with the US Scholastic editions... Here's my HP MOTW.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts