Teaser Tuesday

This is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My (late) teaser from this week is from On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan.

She needed to feel close to him in order to hold down the demon of panic she knew was ready to overwhelm her. She had to know he was with her, on her side, and was not going to use her, that he was her friend and was kindly and gentle.
I forgot to note which page it was on, sorry. I almost finished this book and I'm really liking it. Ian McEwan's description of Florence is really amazing.

So, what;s your teaser???

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by. Seriously I need to look this book up now. It sounds exciting.

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Starting the Next Chapter. I'm glad I was able to point out the series for you. Don't look now, but there's a Jane Austen Mystery reading challenge at austenprose.com. ;) I've added you to my following list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am adding this book to my TBR list, My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-home-to-woefield.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love how lyrical this teaser is! I'm gonna have to check it out on Amazon. Here's mine: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday.html

    Btw, I'm a new follower ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked a good teaser! I'll have to go check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great teaser, really angst-y. I;m sorry to say I haven't read any of his books. Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice teaser. :) Sounds like someones got a few demons to deal with, or one anyway. ;D lol.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts